Friday, August 7, 2009

I must be a caffeine/nicotine achiever

I said yesterday that if writing got frustrating, I'd post a blog.* Obviously, that did not happen. I, happily, reached a point where I needed to expand the protagonist's role instead of deleting sections and doing snippet style editing. I actually got to simply write again.

Thirteen hundred words worth...in just under four hours.

I also, in that time, drank a large pot of coffee and smoked twelve cigarettes. That sounds bad enough, but when you take into account that I've been averaging between five and eight smokes a day and trending downward, that's a heck of a lot of cancer sticks.

Oh well, it's been like a month or so since I last 'got in the zone' while writing, so I'm not lamenting too much, but still. Damn.

*I know how silly that looks, but it really is a lot different.

No comments: